* Safety: Parents can rest assured that their child is safe when they log on to our secure website and access the LIVE WEB CAMERAS in their child’s classroom online anytime. We are one of only 2 child care providers in College Station that offers this advanced technology. All doors are locked from the outside, including the front main door. Only authorized parents or caregivers may enter using our secure keypad on our front entrance door. We routinely check I.D.’s before releasing a child to any unknown adult.
* Low Ratios: Our low teacher to child ratio will allow dedicated teachers to focus on the individual learning styles and needs of each child. We beat the minimum state standards for classroom teacher to child ratios in every classroom. While state ratios go all the way up to placing only one teacher with 18 kids, our lower teacher to child ratios range from 1:4 to 1:9 in all classrooms. We are one of the only schools which employ 2 teachers simultaneously to work closely with students during the school day during awake hours which increases the quality of supervision, academic instruction, and social emotional practice. We are the only school that employs full time teachers exclusively.
* Formal Kindergarten Readiness Program: Our school has teamed up with the UT Health Science Center and The Children’s Learning Institute to formally prepare our Preschoolers for Kindergarten! Our school has achieved the Texas Gold Standard for Pre K Center of Excellence from the Texas Education Agency or TEA every year since we opened in 2010.
* Christian Environment: We implement a Hands On Bible curriculum, teach meal time prayers, read bible stories and scriptures from the bible to help teach kids what it means to be a Christian and how to live their lives like Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.
* Highly trained teachers: will deliver Christian, developmentally appropriate, research based instruction that fosters confidence, self-esteem and a love for learning. Full-time teachers have a college degree, early childhood or childcare certification, or are enrolled in an educational program. Each of our staff members is pre-screened with a criminal background check, FBI fingerprints, and are pediatric first aid and CPR certified. All childcare staff receive 30 hours of early childhood training each year, including frequent training in Conscious Discipline and other early childhood subjects. Additionally, new teachers complete an additional 24 hours of pre-service training.
* Enrichment Classes: Peas in a Pod Learning Center has formed a partnership with local enrichment teachers to offer a variety of enrichment classes on site for a minimal fee. These classes may include: Kinder Dance (ballet, tap, tumbling) and Brazos Valley Museum Science Programs.
* Convenient Location: Parents can easily drop their kids off on the way to work or school at our facility which is conveniently located on 2818/Harvey Mitchell Parkway, next to the Southwood Animal Clinic, and across the street from College Station Post Office. (Intersection of Southwood Drive and Harvey Mitchell Pkwy/2818).
* High Quality Curriculum: Our teachers use research based, developmentally appropriate academic curriculum for all classrooms including: infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. Our program is designed to teach the whole child through daily delivery of academic, social-emotional, and spiritual instruction.
* Nutritious snacks: Our goal is to provide nutritious snacks containing minimal or no high fructose corn syrup or partially hydrogenated oils. Additionally, we are a peanut free school.
Our school is open Monday through Friday from 7:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
College Station daycare childcare