Welcome to our school family! We are so glad that you are here! We have been proudly serving the BCS community for 10 years, and we would be so honored to serve your family! We can’t wait to meet you!
We invite you to come and see what makes us unique and sets us apart from other programs and centers.
Safety: You can rest assured that your child is safe when you log on to our secure website and access the LIVE WEB CAMERAS in your child’s classroom online anytime. We are one of only 2 child care providers in College Station that offers this advanced technology.
Secure Doors: All doors are locked from the outside, including the front main door. Only authorized personnel may enter using our secure keypad on our front entrance door. We routinely check I.D.’s before releasing a child to any unknown adult.
Low Ratios: Our low teacher to child ratios allow dedicated teachers to focus on the individual learning styles and needs of each child. We beat the minimum state standards for classroom teacher to child ratios in every classroom. While state ratios go all the way up to placing only one teacher with 18 kids, our lower teacher to child ratios range from 1:4 to 1:9 in all classrooms. We are one of the only schools which employ 2 teachers simultaneously to work closely with students during the school day during awake hours which increases the quality of supervision, academic instruction, and social emotional practice.
ENHANCED Health & Safety Practices:
We have implemented enhanced procedures to limit the spread of COVID-19 and are frequently communicating with families and staff to convey the enhanced measures in place within their school. Depending on the circumstances and guidance by local and state officials, enhanced procedures above normal health and safety protocols may include:
- Limiting the people who enter the building to current team members and enrolled students only
- Further reducing student-to-teacher ratios and eliminating combining children from different classrooms
- Increased frequency of hand washing, and required hand washing upon entering the building for all adults and children.
- Temperature checks for children and staff
- Touch-less check-in
- External drop-off and pick-up of children (front porch)
- Increased sanitation of frequently touched surfaces and toys
- Limiting use of playground equipment to one classroom at a time and disinfecting playground equipment before and after each use
Christian Environment: We implement a Hands On Bible curriculum, teach meal time prayers, read bible stories and memorize scriptures from the bible to help teach kids what it means to be a Christian and how to live their lives like Jesus. We love to focus on teaching the fruits of the spirit year round. When our focus is on Christ like character, we can more easily notice in our students how their words and actions are more and more like Jesus everyday.
Highly trained teachers: deliver Christian, developmentally appropriate, research based instruction that fosters confidence, self-esteem and a love for learning. Full-time teachers have a college degree, early childhood or childcare certification or CDA, or are enrolled in an educational program. Each of our staff members is pre-screened with a criminal background check, FBI fingerprints, and are pediatric first aid and CPR certified. All childcare staff receive 30 hours of early childhood training each year, including frequent training in Conscious Discipline and other early childhood subjects. Additionally, new teachers complete an additional 24 hours of pre-service training. We team up with the TEACH Scholarship Program, CLI Circle CDA Training Program, and Blinn College to support our teachers in increasing their education through a CDA program and/or an associates degree in Early Childhood Education, or a bachelor’s degree program. Our goal is to support our teachers and staff in increasing their education, raising the quality of care and instruction for your little one.
Parent-teacher communication through the Brightwheel app allows you to view photos watch your child’s day unfold with snapshots delivered to your mobile device. Stay connected and stay in touch with your teacher and strengthen school learning with activities at home. Easy digital check-in with personal pass codes. Add approved adults to pick up your child, and see when your child is checked in or out. Use paperless billing and easily make digital payments directly from your bank account or credit/debit card. Paperless invoices and email receipts.
Enrichment Classes: Peas in a Pod Learning Center has formed a partnership with local enrichment teachers to offer enrichment classes, such as Brazos Valley Museum Science Youth Science Programs.
High Quality Curriculum: Our teachers use research based, developmentally appropriate academic curriculum for all classrooms including: infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. Our program is designed to teach the whole child through daily delivery of academic, social-emotional, and spiritual instruction. In addition, we understand the importance of learning through play, and employ many NAEYC standards in our program in each classroom. Learn more about NAEYC standards here.
Texas Rising Star Accredited Program: We have applied for and are near completing the process of becoming a fully accredited Texas Rising Star program. Programs that participate in TRS meet higher quality standards than many other childcare programs.
NEW! School Aged Care for public school kids opting for virtual learning:
- Small class size of only 10 students
- Teacher supported virtual learning of your school district online curriculum
- Brain breaks from virtual learning and screen time
- Outdoor play with sunshine and room to run and get daily exercise
- Loving Christian learning environment and daily bible curriculum paired with social emotional curriculum
- Live web camera views of your student indoors and outdoors
- Enhanced health & safety practices such as temperature checks & hand washing before entering, daily health screening questions for students and staff, frequent cleaning of frequently touched surfaces, adhering to strict illness exclusion guidelines.
- We start our day with prayer, uplifting bible promises, and kid friendly and super fun worship songs with music movement.
- Come join our school family!
Hours of Operation: Our school is open Monday through Friday from 7:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Convenient Location: Parents can easily drop their kids off on the way to work or school at our facility which is conveniently located on 2818/Harvey Mitchell Parkway, next to the Southwood Animal Clinic, and across the street from College Station Post Office. (Intersection of Southwood Drive and Harvey Mitchell Pkwy/2818).
College Station daycare childcare